Case 1000Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

mlind

Reaction score
I have a Case 1000 toilet that I would like to replace. Many years ago when I asked a plumber about doing that, I was told that the hole in the floor (or something) was a different size from standard toilets and I was stuck with it.

Is this true? If so, is there a solution?

This toilet was discontinued around 50 years ago and all the parts are non-standard and cost a fortune! Plus I'd like to get a new one that uses less water.

Thanks.

case-1000-terrylove-02.jpg

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The drain line could be in the wrong place. You may need to pull the toilet to tell for sure. A 'normal' toilet has the center of the drain at 12" from the finished wall.

mlind

Reaction score
The plumber who told me the hole wasn't standard didn't pull the toilet for a repair, so he didn't actually see the hole. The implication was that when a Case 1000 was installed, the drain hole was changed in some way to fit this specific toilet.

Any thoughts?

Obviously I know nothing about toilets. This plumber also told me the selling point for them was that they would never overflow and they were often installed in hospitals, etc. A replacement toilet seat costs $100+ which is why I would like to replace it.

case-1000-terrylove-09.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks