Cartridge for single handle Am.Std

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Website
www.howardemerson.com
Hi all,
Yesterday the home health aide broke the handle, and front part of the cartridge, off of the shower control in my sister-in-law's apartment. She has MS and lives in our home with 24/7 care.

The bathroom was done back in the late 80's, or if I can find that blueprint the previous owner left us, I'll be more specific. In any case..........

It's American Standard and it certainly appears to be this unit:

http://www.**************.com/Prod/...lve-Direct-Sweat-Inlets-Outlets/41674/Cat/281

I noticed that this link does not work, but it is the R-120 valve/cartridge that I've tried to link to.

I'm going to shut off the main, take what's left out and head over to Blackman Plumbing, but does anyone know if they've changed this stuff much over the years? Do I stand a chance of not having to do any real plumbing today?

Thanks for any info.

Howard

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks