Carrier N Coil installation

Users who are viewing this thread

j.c.wright

Reaction score
I have a Carrier CNPVP3017ATAACAA cased N coil in a down flow configuration with the furnace mounted on top of the coil and have a few questions. The first issue I have is that there is a lot of air flow from the condensate drain lines which would suggest that the condensation water is being blown around inside the coil case. This will eventually case water damage to my flooring and a mold situation. Should there be some sort of a block off plate to divert the air or would it be better to mount the coil on top of the furnace.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you have a trap on the condensate line? At least when the a/c season is ongoing, the water in the trap prevents water from being blown around a lot, at least on mine. Now, if your fan speed is up near the max, that may or may not be possible.

j.c.wright

Reaction score
I do not have a trap installed yet as I have yet to install the condensing unit. I want to be sure of the coil installation before I complete the hook up. I am questioning the air movement down through the coil from the top blowing the condensate moisture around as the drip rails have direct air blowing on them. I feel this will cause a future issue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks