Carpeting over floor draines...

Users who are viewing this thread

Michael McCann

Reaction score
I just read a post concerning floor drain smell from the basement. Some of you suggested pouring some type of oil down but no one suggested using antifreeze. Antifreeze does not evaporate. What do you guys think???

I have a radon mitigation system that pulles air out from under my basement cement slab reducing negative pressure. It is located neer my main waste line and is pulling a sewar smell out with it. Any suggestions... Please don't say whole house trap.... :eek: I just got done digging for a new water line...

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If your radon system is pulling air from your DWV system then you have a break in the line causing a problem that must be found and corrected.

Radon systems should only pull air and released radon from under the slab and should have nothing to do with the DWV system.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
odor

The radon system should not be able to pull any odors from your drain system and it should be exhausting outside the building so you should not smell them even if it could.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks