Caroma Dual Flush watersense toilet review & pictues

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Buy a different toilet! No, unless the thing is not working right, the bowl is overfilled....it has an opening behind you can't see that drains any water above the maximum down the drain. If you pour a bucket of water in the bowl (pour it too fast and it will flush), then let it sit, that's the maximum level it can get.

Many dual flush bowls, like the Caroma, Kohler Persuade, and the Toto Aquia have little water in the bowl. That's the nature of them. The Caroma glaze seems a bit rough though, Terry

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandy

Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion about which is a better toilet - the Toto Aquia or the Caroma Caravell?

TomMyers

Reaction score
Caroma Sydney 270 Easy Height or Aquila III

I am torn. I can get the Toto Aquilla locally, but have to have the Caroma shipped in.

My wishes/needs are:
- ADA height (17-18") for easy elderly access
- Bisque (or Biscuit) color
- Dual Flush
- Does not require cleaning after every BM.
- Less likely to clog.

My research leads me to the Sydney 270, but am not sure about the "cleaning after BM" issues with it compared to the Aquilla.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If your BM is excessively large go with the Caroma. Its trap way is large enough to not clog.

Like one of my customers said...WoW I can cancel my trash pick up and flush every thing down this toilet...

caroma_305_horn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

kf

Reaction score
Hi Terry,
Which Aquia are referring to? On your order site your pull down menu for the Aquias has the Aquia II as an option. What are the differences between the two? Thanks...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia CST414M has the larger adapter, and a bit better MaP score. Also takes a little more time to install than the CST416M and the CST464MF

Other than that, they work pretty much the same, the CST464MF has the taller bowl at 16-1/8"

The other two are 15-1/8"

Reader Review

Comments by readers
Reaction score
Emails and phone calls sent in by readers
Website
www.terrylove.com
We recently bought the Caroma Sydney 2 pcs. (Tank 622322W, Bowl 609159W). After we installed the toilet, we encountered problems with the flush. As you can see in my video http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1855798188535347905 from the internet, with every flush the water will splash up everywhere on the seat and cover. When there is a number 2, there are shit droplets on the seat, very disgusting.

We contacted the company with no response. Could you tell me how to fix my problem?

cslee

Probedude

Reaction score
We recently bought the Caroma Sydney 2 pcs. (Tank 622322W, Bowl 609159W). After we installed the toilet, we encountered problems with the flush. As you can see in my video http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-1855798188535347905 from the internet, with every flush the water will splash up everywhere on the seat and cover. When there is a number 2, there are shit droplets on the seat, very disgusting.

We contacted the company with no response. Could you tell me how to fix my problem?

cslee

I've looked at a few Caroma videos on YouTube and they all look like they do the same. All the water dumps from the rim, none of it below the water surface.

Caroma-305

Reaction score
issue with CAROMA 305 DUAL FLUSH

installed CAROMA 305 DUAL FLUSH few days back.

one bigggg issue is , the "water level" in the BOWL (not the tank), is so low, the porcelain gets dirty, and requires cleaning,

the "water" filled matches the "water level marker" in the TANK.

the 'three' tower like components are so complicated for me to understand, and very flimsy.

any way out , to increase the water-level in the bOWL.

please help

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Normally, no. If for some reason the fill valve is not working properly, in theory it is possible.

Take a bucket of water. Slowly pour it into the bowl. Let it sit for a minute or so, then check the level. If it goes up and stays up, it's a fill valve issue. If it won't stay up any higher, that's just the way that toilet is designed, nothing you can do about it except replace it with a different model.

Note, the dual-flush toilets can't have all that much in the bowl, because even on a low flush, it still needs to evacuate the entire amount, and refill. To keep the volume down, they can't have all that much in the bowl.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Caroma has very little water in the bowl,
and they stay dirty.

But that has been commented on before.
I don't sell very many of the Caroma anymore.

How do you like the droplets of water on the seat when you flush it?
That's a nice bonus too.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The water level (aka water spot) in the bowl of any toilet is determined by the construction of the internal trap and is not adjustable. One of the things I really like about my Toto Dartmouth and Toto Drake is the large water spot.

Reaction score
Yep, I like the way Toto designed the wide but shallow waterspot. The problem being described with the Caroma is one of two reasons I decided against them. (The other was the potential for spraying material out of the bowl as I've seen in a vid.)

Caroma-305

Reaction score
thanks

The water level (aka water spot) in the bowl of any toilet is determined by the construction of the internal trap and is not adjustable. One of the things I really like about my Toto Dartmouth and Toto Drake is the large water spot.

thanks for the info, What model of DRAKE do you recommend.

Caroma-305

Reaction score
replace?

, nothing you can do about it except replace it with a different model.

thank you for the info. Its only 3 days old, will local-hardware store take it back, and replace it for TOTO models. (iam hesitant to do this, but iam dissatisfied with the product)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks