Caroma Caravelle 270 just installed ... doesn't seem to be flushing well

Users who are viewing this thread

woodcycl

Reaction score
Just replaced our new Toto Drake II w/ a Caroma Caravelle 270 due to clogs still happening with a family member having large hard stools.

Watched the install video and installation was a breeze. However, with just a small handful of toilet tissue in the bowl, I did a half flush (button on the right - full circle) the tissue didn't flush. It appeared only a rush of water filled the bowl, but nothing was flushed. When I used the full flush (half circle) it flushed, but just barely. This is NOT what I've read about and seen on videos of this toilet.

What could be the problem?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You may need to adjust the water levels in the tank.
Toto always comes ajusted from the factory; we never touch the settings.
However, often we have to adjust the Caroma settings. So pull the manual and see where you are on the settings. You should be able to get that baby flowing.

woodcycl

Reaction score
You may need to adjust the water levels in the tank.
Toto always comes ajusted from the factory; we never touch the settings.
However, often we have to adjust the Caroma settings. So pull the manual and see where you are on the settings. You should be able to get that baby flowing.

Terry,

Absolutely nothing came w/ the toilet to instruct me on how to adjust the water level. I can say that the water level is at the black water level mark placed in the tank. And, when performinga full flush, the water rushes out of the top/sides of the bowl like a Class 6 raging river. The half-flush not so much. We've tried the toilet a few more times, and it definitely isn't working up to par. The half flush is simply NOT working in the least. Any items, urine, toilet paper (even 1 sheet) isn't flushing.

Any thoughts on how to adjust the water level? Attached is a photo of the inside of the tank ... if that helps to know which internal parts are used.

Any help is appreciated.

Brian

Attachments

• Caroma tank.jpg
    Caroma tank.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 9,329
Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I don't know anything about your toilet, but given the trouble you are now having with a 2nd toilet, I can't help but to think that you may have a partial blockage in the line or an improperly installed line that is the root cause of your problems.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is seriously not enough water coming from the tank.
I've never seen that little amount from the tank before.
Until you get it working, you'll need a bucket filled with water dumped into the bowl.

I found this video on Youtube
It should look more like this. The video starts with the half flush first and then the full.

Last edited:

Schipperke

Reaction score
flush

The two flush actuators do not look the same height, are both buttons functioning with only a little free play? The water level is raised by taking a clip off the inlet valve near bottom, you then twist slightly to free and it slides up or down then twist it back and install the clip. The actual flush valve has two blue rings (disks) to enable adjusting flush for half and full. Try 9 / 26 for Caravelle tank and the overflow tube setting 265. The Sydney Smart is set at 19 / 27

Schipperke

Reaction score
to adjust buttons I think there is a screw to raise or lower actuators. The flush valve is removed by just twisting to left and it pops out, you can check the disk settings on the valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks