Captive air tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Dorothy

Reaction score
I have a new-looking 90-gallon captive air tank that I used for only a month way back in 1982. It has been stored since then (filled with water) , but now I'd like to put it back into service. New ones are EXPENSIVE! Any chance it's still good? How would I test it before hooking it up to my new system? Do the bladders last that long before deteriorating? If it's not good , can I replace the bladder? Or is it just not worth it? I'd appreciate any one of my questions answered by someone in the know. Thanks! Dorothy

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Most likely it is better than anything you can purchase today. Just air up the bladder to 40 PSI. If it still has the same pressure in a couple of days, it will probably be fine. However, now there are things like a Cycle Stop Valve which will let you use a 4.4 gallon tank and do a better job than a big tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks