Can't Remove Shower Drain -- Part of Shower Pan? (pics)

Users who are viewing this thread

mbloom

Reaction score
Is it possible that the drain was permenantly attached to the shower pan? I had a leak, spent two hours getting out the lead and oakem thinking I could replace with a rubber gasket. Local plumbing supply suggested repacing with PVC and using a rubber PVC to copper coupler. I can't figure out how to remove the old drain.

Appears to be one piece -- no threads or gaskets... House is 30 years old, unsure of shower.

Bottom (note joist appears in the way):

3528a.jpg

Top:
3532a.jpg

mbloom

Reaction score
Options?

Thanks Terry, that is what I was afraid of. If I can't get the donut to work do I need to look for a 100 year old plumber who still uses lead and oakum?

Last edited:

pbradley_1

Reaction score
It looks like you have a wedge-lok (sp?) drain. Thay are still sold. There is a dount gasket that goes between the flange and the pipe. Not sure why something else was in there. I just removed the one from my shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks