Can't remove my old Moen Hydolock

Users who are viewing this thread

kschrag

Reaction score
Help please! I have spent hours trying to change the side sprayer on my sink. The problem is the old Moen Hydrolock won't come off. The little white tabs won't budge. I don't know what else to do and now we cant use our sink because water sprays all over. I cut the sprayer hose because it was in my way under the sink.
image.jpeg

Reaction score
One out of 3 move
Looks like they are embedded in hardwater deposits.

Soak a towel in water, and wrap that around it all, and use food wrap around the soaked towel to contain it. Leave it overnite and see how it fares after that.

This is a trick we would use on cars when we want to loosen front wheel alignment sleeves so they can finally turn, by soaking a rag with WD40 or Liquid Wrench.

kschrag

Reaction score
Looks like they are embedded in hardwater deposits.

Soak a towel in water, and wrap that around it all, and use food wrap around the soaked towel to contain it. Leave it overnite and see how it fares after that.

This is a trick we would use on cars when we want to loosen front wheel alignment sleeves so they can finally turn, by soaking a rag with WD40 or Liquid Wrench.
Thank you so much for your suggestion. I soaked it like you said but used hard water and rust toilet bowl cleaner. It helped clean it up a little but the tabs still wouldn't budge. Ended up using what I think is called a hack saw to saw the black parts off of the clips. Once I did that, everything else was a cinch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks