Can't remove a broken nut

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by VAVA1212, Jul 8, 2009.

1. VAVA1212

VAVA1212 New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I had a steady stream of hot water flowing from my shower faucet. I removed the faucet handled to replace some parts. I broke the top part of the nut and now can't get it out. There is no thread inside to get it. A plumber told me to get an "alls out" tool to remove it but the hardware store never heard of such a tool. Am I pronouncing it right? Have you ever heard of such a tool? And, if not, what can I get to remove it.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

IT is an "easy out", but depending on what broke it may not help you. From your description we have no idea what you broke, and I doubt that the plumber did either, unless he saw the nut, in which case why didn't HE fix it? I think you need a plumber who knows how to repair it, not one who tells you how to do it.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Thatguy

Thatguy Homeowner

Aug 27, 2008
    A bounty hunter like in "Raising Arizona"