can't install shower hot/cold knob! wall tile issue

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by suzie50, Jan 24, 2007.

1. suzie50

suzie50 New Member

Hello,

So I am hoping for some advice. We had new tile installed in our shower (walls and floor).

BUT when it was time to install the hot/cold shower knob it appears that the pipe comes too far out from the tile. The knob sticks out about 1/2 inch from the tile! I tried pushing back but there is no give.

I think we will need to take out the tile and re-position the plumbing behind the wall (and then reinstall the tile). MY CONCERN is that there is very little room and the plumbing can't be moved much.

Is this a huge problem or an easy fix? Any advice?

Thank you
  2. norcal1

norcal1 Plumber/Owner

You could always add another layer of 1/2" backerboard behind the tiles...seems like an awful lot of work just for asthetics, unless I'm missing something.

Good luck.