Cant identify main water turn off valve in home

Users who are viewing this thread

Tashina Jasso

Reaction score
I need to switch out the bathroom shower lever. Before I can do so I need to turn off water. Trouble is I cant seem to figure out where it is. I've searched through dozens of pictures online and cant seem to figure it out. I live in a raised foundation home, the water heater and furnace are located in garage on raised platform. I provided pictures and maybe someone can identify it? There was a red level at top of water heater and when I switched it off it only turns off hot water. Also I reviewed my home inspection report from when I purchased my home and it states its near floor by water heater. I checked near floor of raised panel around water heater and nothing, I checked the floor below raised panel and nothing.

Sigh, this is also probably important to know the location in case of a pipe burst or something in future. photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
What is in that opening in the wall to the right of the water heater in that first picture?

I think you might have to go into the crawl space to track the cold pipes to the main shutoff. Maybe your input valve in in the crawl space.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Where is your water meter (assuming you have one, not all places use them and bill other ways)? Depending on the locale, sometimes the main shutoff is near the meter. But, regardless, follow the cold line back, eventually, you should find it.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
From the pictures you show, it is NOT in that room because the cold water appears to go into the floor, and the valve you are looking for would be SOMEWHERE in that pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks