Can't get water to the cabin after moving fresh water tank under the cabin.

Users who are viewing this thread

pr

Reaction score
We just winterized our cabin and moved the water tank from the driveway above the cabin to underneath the cabin. The cabin sits on a hill and the pressure pump is located in the original spot which is under the cabin also. The pump is several feet above the bottom of the tank. When we primed the pump and turned on the faucets, we got no water. However if we use a hose at a lower level than the pump and tank, we can run water thru it with pressure. We're not sure what is wrong.

pr

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. Would we still be able to run a hose at a lower level if the nozzle is plugged? Everything worked on the old configuration just an hour before we cut over to the new water tank, although it previously had gravity feed to help. So I'm wondering if it has something wrong but just worked 'OK' with the other arrangement.

We'll check the nozzle. Any more ideas would be appreciated too. We are leaving again for the cabin today so hoping to hear lots of ideas to try as we are without running water at the moment :(

pr

Reaction score
Sounds like the jet nozzle in the pump is clogged up.

Thanks again for the tip. When we got back to the lake, we tried continuously priming the pump again and this time it worked?? However it would not shut off and we thought the pressure switch was toast. But my hubby first checked the jet nozzle and there was sediment which he cleaned out. The pump is working fine now and that was all he had to do! Much appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks