Can't Get Chlorine into My Water

Users who are viewing this thread

filada

Reaction score
I have my well connected to a chlorination tank. It has an LMI pump mounted on top of the tank. It has been working fine for many years but, suddenly, I can't get chlorine into my water and it stinks. I think it started when I replaced some of the piping due to a cracked T-fitting but it doesn't make any sense. I've tried replacing the LMI pump, hoses, fittings, duck bills. I empty my holding tank and let it fill and I'll get some chlorine into the water but from there it seems as though it doesn't get any chlorine into the system any longer. Maybe someone has an idea of what I may be missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really tired of smelly water.

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
I have my well connected to a chlorination tank. It has an LMI pump mounted on top of the tank. It has been working fine for many years but, suddenly, I can't get chlorine into my water and it stinks. I think it started when I replaced some of the piping due to a cracked T-fitting but it doesn't make any sense. I've tried replacing the LMI pump, hoses, fittings, duck bills. I empty my holding tank and let it fill and I'll get some chlorine into the water but from there it seems as though it doesn't get any chlorine into the system any longer. Maybe someone has an idea of what I may be missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm really tired of smelly water.
Maybe when you drained the tank some of the chemicals crystallized and clogged the pump discharge. Try taking that injection system apart and making sure that you don't have a clog somewhere.

filada

Reaction score
I appreciate your suggestion. I have taken everything apart multiple times and can't find a blockage, that's what is really driving me crazy. The LMI pump is supposed to be capable of 80 PSI and my well pump shuts off at 50 so I can't see it as being too much pressure either.
Thank you for your input.

Speedbump

Reaction score
The injection fitting is the first to plug up. The injection fitting is the one that goes into your plumbing. Duck bills are the biggest failure of the LMI. Other than that it is a great little pump.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks