Can't get aerator out of a Kohler

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by jed1154, Apr 10, 2011.

1. jed1154

jed1154 New Member

I have no clue what kind of faucet it is, but its in the bathroom and looks similar to the Fairfax. It has an aerator inside and it needs to be cleaned, but its not like my others. It doesnt seem to have a 'thing' that threads off or it revealing the aerator. The aerator is inside and there looks like a ring on the outside, but it does not turn. Is it pressed in? Does it require a special tool?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

It would NOT "press in", but it could require a special tool. If we could see it, or a good picture, we might be able to help you.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

4. jed1154

jed1154 New Member

OK, so that 79402 unscrews...wow.

Its going to require a small strap wrench then. Its far more than hand tight. I can't unthread it with both hands clenched on it. Ill try again later.

Thanks for the info. At least I know its supposed to unscrew and not snap off somehow.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; At least I know its supposed to unscrew and not snap off somehow.

It is SUPPOSED to unscrew, but it COULD snap off, (or need to be snapped off), if it is corroded into the spout.