Can't find well

Users who are viewing this thread

Phil loch

Reaction score
i recently had the water tested at a property I own And it needs to be sanitized. Problem is I can't find it. The pressure tank and water feed line are in the crawl space. It looks to have had a jet set up once but now is submersible. I thought the well was by the front deck but it wasn't. I tried using one of the metal detecting wands with no luck. What options do I have to find the well? Thanks Phil

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Find someone with a 2 box wire tracer, we use a Fisher TW-6. It's basically a radio that transmits a signal through the wire and there is a reciever that picks up and follows the signal.

We also have a Schoestedt wand, between the two we can find just about any well.

Boycedrilling

In the Trades
Reaction score
I use a Dynatel 573. You can buy them on eBay for around $300 these are the cable locators that the phone companies used to use. It will locate a live power line with just the locator. If the line is not energized, you can use the transmitter. If I slide a metal wire fish into PVC pipe I can locate it also.

Phil loch

Reaction score
Found a local well guy who has been working my area for many years. He came buy today with a helper and after a few hours found it. It was about 20' from where my survey suggested it was. It was almost 3' below ground with a 36" cement lid on it. I would have never dug that deep on my own. Best part is the guy only asked for a 100.00. When I came home I couldn't believe the amount of work they did. Going to send the guy another 100.00 cause he saved me big time.

Reach4

Reaction score
What you should want to do is to get the casing extended and get a pitless adapter installed. Buried well seals often leak.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks