can't find this shower valve cartridge-see pics

Users who are viewing this thread

juanton

Reaction score
I pulled this cartridge and can't seem to locate the brand. The trim ring says Delta, all of the body sprays are Delta, but there are no markings on the valve or the cartridge. I have tried my local Delta dealers and talked to Delta customer service. They all say it's not a Delta. The customer says it was installed about 4 years ago. The supply house where it was purchased is now out of business. Has anyone ever seen anything like this? The 2 disks at the back are ceramic if that helps. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC00015.JPG
    DSC00015.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 812
  • DSC00019.JPG
    DSC00019.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 797
  • DSC00018.JPG
    DSC00018.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 787
  • DSC00017.JPG
    DSC00017.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 801
  • DSC00016.JPG
    DSC00016.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 809

juanton

Reaction score
Thanks for looking. That's the problem I'm having too. I spent hours looking online yesterday with no luck. Looks like it might be time for all new.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
"all new" can be a tall order in the shower. I do not recognize it as anything Delta. and more importantly , one of our really senior gurus, hj, does not either. When Methusela ( aka wheelchair) chimes in, that will be the ultimate end of story! The technology has the look of something 30+ years old. Is that correct, or do you think it is younger?

People have been known to "make do" with an escutcheon of any brand they can make fit. We would like to see a pic. of the handle, because I don't recognize any Delta handle that would fit on there.

If you think that the brand may really be an original Delta, check with your local plumbing supply house...see if they have a contact at Delta you could email the pics to.

juanton

Reaction score
Thanks jimbo. I didn't take the handles, left them at the customer's house. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to find this cartridge. I have been to local Delta dealers, none have seen anything like this. I have also talked to Delta customer service. Everyone is pretty sure it's not a Delta. I don't really want to change shower valve, especially since this is high end with body sprays and overhead spray. We have a couple of suppliers left here in town that I haven't tried. I'll check them next week.Thanks for looking.

juanton

Reaction score
Also the house is only four years old, but it could have sat on the shelf for awhile

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks