Can't find a Toro part

Users who are viewing this thread

Jakemembers

Reaction score
I have a Toro 3/4" jar-top anti-siphon valve, Model 53763 that is leaking at the top from the inlet side. I think I have a small hole in the diaphragm. My problem is I can't seem to find a repair kit or anything for this model. I'm in SoCal. I've searched myself blue on-line and am hoping someone has some help.

Thanks,

E!

Jakemembers

Reaction score
Well, I get to answer my own question. I saw some vague references to Lawn Genie being owned by Toro during my internet search. So, on a hunch, I went to the Home Depot and found a Lawn Genie valve that was identical except in color to the valve I have. And, this one, they had a replacement diaphragm for. The leak is gone, and I've learned that Toro needs to work on their parts availability. Now if only they will learn that.

Thanks.

CaptWally

Reaction score
Toro is a manufacturer of some very good products. I'm not an employee nor am I in any way associated with the Toro Corporation, or any other irrigation manufacturer's product, but thought that my two cents may be valuable.

Like RainBird or any number of other irrigation product manufacturers, Toro makes things for many companies at varying quality levels. Some carry the manufacturer name and some do not. Most of what you find at home centers is of lesser quality than what is commercially avaliable. Perhaps these are made overseas for a much cheaper overhead rate than their commercial products, though they still carry the name and logo. Why do companies manufacture top quality products and cheaper inferior products at the same time? The answer is quite simply MONEY. If they can install a quality system at a major sports park, for example, then the quality recognition for their product increases, and residential consumers generally won't pay the top dollar to get their best products.

Professionally I've installed Toro, Hunter and RainBird products, all of which are avaliable at local Depot type Home Centers, but the quality of the products is far superior if you go with professional installation. Most products they offer are mass produced with a margin of failed components factored in. Their main concern is not the repair of failed components, but rather is in the replacement of those components. Thus their parts avaliability is limited, though it is there if you look hard enough.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks