Can't find a shower faucet replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

PanteraMatt

Reaction score
The hot side of my shower has a slow leak. Ive tried finding a replacement online and ordered 2 kits but neither fit. My thread size is 3/4 and both of these are bigger than that. Also, both of these kits use a seat but the stems I have do not, they kind of permanently seat themselves then when water is turned on, a disc move to allow water to flow. I do notice there's a smaller threaded hole behind where the stem seats for a seat but that hole is also smaller than either of the seats I had ordered.

Attachments

• IMG_20170204_163305856_HDR[274].jpg
    IMG_20170204_163305856_HDR[274].jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 271
Last edited by a moderator:

PanteraMatt

Reaction score
The hot side of my shower has a slow leak. Ive tried finding a replacement online and ordered 2 kits but neither fit. My thread size is 3/4 and both of these are bigger than that. Also, both of these kits use a seat but the stems I have do not, they kind of permantly seat themselves then when water is turned on, a disc move to allow water to flow. I do notice theres a smaller threaded hole behind where the stem seats for a seat but that hole is also smaller than either of the seats I had ordered.

Attachments

• IMG_20170204_163338537[276].jpg
    IMG_20170204_163338537[276].jpg
    95 KB · Views: 293
Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You CANNOT just order parts "willy nilly" and HOPE they will fit. They must be EXACTLY the same, which means they will come from the manufacturer or a company with an agreement with them to produce the item. ALL measurements, length, diameter, thread pitch, etc. MUST be the same as the one you have.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Take your cartridge to your nearest plumbing supply store and get a matching new one there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks