Can't divert water to hand held feature of shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Corgilvr

Reaction score
Our Moen shower was finally installed during week seven of our bathroom remodel. Turning the diverter near the shower head stops water from flowing there, but does not activate the hand held part of the shower. I looked through the information supplied with the shower and can't understand what I am doing wrong. My contractor has not responded to my call about it and isn't expected to visit until Tuesday. Some water does leak out of the back of the shower head connection when I turn the diverter to the opposite direction.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Edit: Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum. Can a moderator move it?

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
We would like to see a photo, and have the model numbers of what you installed.

The only thing that comes to mind is a clogged shower head. Remove the hand held unit and see if water comes out of the hose.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If water comes out of that connection, it usually means you have water to that point and it is under pressure. IF that is the case, then the problem is in the shower head, probably a screen with debris, or teflon tape, in it.

Corgilvr

Reaction score
You folks are amazing. The Moen "One-handle tub/shower trim" model numbers are T2111, T2112, T2113 series. I don't think it includes a number for the diverter. There is no tub spigot since we have no tub. The handshower sprayer is #3869. There is a picture of the handshower in my rant about the distance of my p trap from the floor. The hose connects in right behind the shower head and there is a lever (diverter?) there which can be turned toward the right and stops in the 3 o'clock position. Water comes out of the shower head. Turning the diverter stops flow from the shower but does not cause it to flow to the hand sprayer.

This was all purchased at a plumbing supplier. Too bad I didn't hire one of the plumbers there kindly giving me advice about my choices. Again, many thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks