Cannot remove impeller on Diamond 1HP jet pump

Users who are viewing this thread

trooper1954

Reaction score
Hi all,
Have taken this pump apart as I think the seals are gone, however I've got as far as putting a wrench on the shaft of the impeller, and holding it while I turn counter clockwise....and turn....and turn....the shaft is stationary but the impeller rrefuses to budge...anyone any ideas? Stripped maybe?
While I had this pump out of service I put in a replacement, which works fine when you open a yard faucet, but cycles continually when hooked up to a sprinkler...any thoughts on this too?
thanks in advance.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Hi all,
Have taken this pump apart as I think the seals are gone, however I've got as far as putting a wrench on the shaft of the impeller, and holding it while I turn counter clockwise....and turn....and turn....the shaft is stationary but the impeller rrefuses to budge...anyone any ideas? Stripped maybe?
While I had this pump out of service I put in a replacement, which works fine when you open a yard faucet, but cycles continually when hooked up to a sprinkler...any thoughts on this too?
thanks in advance.

Try clockwise, Make and Model may help.

Some motors do use Left handed threads.

Is it a Lock Nut ?

Your water tank may be waterlogged and you are barking up the wrong tree. If it was not leaking then the seals are most likely OK.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
With the sprinklers running, tighten down (clockwise) on the large adjustment screw in the pressure switch untul the pumps runs continuously. Then make sure the pump can still shut off when you turn off the sprinklers. Use only a 3/8 nut driver with a deep set stem to adjust the pressure switch while the power is on. Do not use pliers or wrench to work on a pressure switch unless the power is OFF, then it is a trial and error type adjustment.

trooper1954

Reaction score
Re:Cannot remove impeller on Diamond 1hp pump

Try clockwise, Make and Model may help.

Some motors do use Left handed threads.

Is it a Lock Nut ?

Your water tank may be waterlogged and you are barking up the wrong tree. If it was not leaking then the seals are most likely OK.

Good Luck

It's a Diamond 1HP Shallow well jet pump CJC 100CS model Number 313522.
I've tried turning it both ways with no luck....there is no pressure tank in the system, it's just used for irrigation

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
there is no pressure tank in the system, it's just used for irrigation

I would think you would be able to tighten the big adjustment nut down on the pressure switch, locking the switch in the on position. But if not, and if there is no tank, then you should jumper around the pressure switch.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
It's a Diamond 1HP Shallow well jet pump CJC 100CS model Number 313522.
I've tried turning it both ways with no luck....there is no pressure tank in the system, it's just used for irrigation

That Pump most likely has a Onetime use Lock-nut that also adjusts the Impeller Spacing.

If the pump was not leaking then you may make things worse.

Trying what valveman says should work for the pump you are using now. Is it a jet pump also ?

With no tank or flow regulator then your jet pump jet may not work properly, without some restriction on the output.

What water supply are you feeding the pump with ?

Last edited:

trooper1954

Reaction score
Pump is fed from a shallow well.....had a flow regulator installed.....and is a jet pump. I managed to get the impeller off and the threads were stripped!!! Hence no prime I'm assuming....motor was running but no impeller movement. Problem now is I have to get replacement parts for a pump no longer made....anyone any idea where I can get a parts diagram for this pump? Searched the internet and found out that Flotec has taken over, and their site suggeststha I match parts from a similar flotec pump...problem here is none of the flotec pumps listed looks anything like the Diamond pump. Any suggestions??
Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks