Candle wax down drain

Users who are viewing this thread

mpoole

Reaction score
Is there a drain cleaner that will free candle wax from down the drain. it is clear up to the wall. After that theres no telling.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The only drain cleaner that will clear this is called, "a plumber". Do not pour chemicals into the drain, they not only will not work, they will cause a hazardous condition for the plumber you eventually will have to call. Even if you find a chemical that will seem to clear the wax, it will settle in the drain deeper and will just make the problem worse. I won't even ask how the H##l you got candle wax in your drain.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
There must be something going around. I just had to remove a large wad of candle wax from a toilet I was working on. I just broke up the wax with a stick and let it float to the top, where I could scoop it out.

I know how the wax got in there. The owner left the doors of this rental unit unlocked and some "visitors" trashed the place.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm sure the wax did not make it past the trap. The cold water in the trap might make it to hard to flow through the trap. I would probably just break the wax in the bowl and as deep into the drain as i can then remove the trap to pull the rest through.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Of course, you could just poke a hole in the wax, drop a long wick down there, and light it. ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks