canada and showerstalls

Users who are viewing this thread

oldanbo

Reaction score
The Mrs and I have been watching a couple of Holmes on Homes and we noticed something that appeared odd to us. It appears that the shower stalls all have a tub filler in them. Anyone know why? I'm guessing it's code in Canada, but still can't figure out why. Mrs says it's for easier shower cleaning, I jokingly say it's to wash your boots :D

Can anyone give us the real reason?

Thanks Much!

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
No, it's not a code requirement, just something that Mike likes to do. He calls it a toe tester but the amount it sticks out, it's more of a shin or ankle biter. If the shower valve has the diverter built-in, I would put a short little wall union down low as a real toe tester. I would never use a popup diverter on a regular tub filler.

It also makes for a nice place to draw water into a bucket or as you say, to hose off your boots.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks