Can you recommend a dual flush toilet with a round seat?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by sarah tanzer, Jan 10, 2012.

1. sarah tanzer

sarah tanzer New Member

Can anyone recommend a dual flush toilet with a round seat? I've found ones with elongated seats, but I am looking for a round seat.

Thanks,
    Sarah
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Caroma makes a round front plus dual flush. They measure 28-1/4" from front to back

The TOTO Aquia only comes in elongated, but measures 27-1/4" front to back.
    Sterling also makes a round front dual flush, The Karsten is 29-3/4" long. I find it a little weaker on the flush.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  3. sarah tanzer

sarah tanzer New Member

Of the 3 TOTO Aquia is the shortest front to back, but is still considered elongated? So the shape of the seat is still elongated?
    You recommend the Caroma and the TOTO over the Sterling Karsten?
    I also found that American Standard has a dual flush right height RF toilet. Any word on that?
    Thanks.
  4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

One reason you are having difficulty in finding a dual flush round bowl toilet is that round bowl toilets are not big sellers, so few are made by anyone. I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting the round front, but unless this is strictly for a lady's room, you might want to reconsider the shape. The Sterling Karsten is made by Kohler, and Kohler toilet performance is not as good as it should be.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  5. sarah tanzer

sarah tanzer New Member

I'm looking into the Caroma dual flush. Is there a model you recommend? They actually have a number of different ones with round front:
    Adelaide, Bondi, Caravelle, Sidney and SidneySmart.
    Thanks.
  6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Caromas have a couple of really good features...they have probably the largest trapway in the industry and are almost impossible to plug up, and as a result, flush well. They are also known (at least on some of them) to sometimes spatter water on the seat when you flush them in their agressive flush and are a bit noisier than others.