Can you recommend a dual flush toilet with a round seat?

Users who are viewing this thread

sarah tanzer

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a dual flush toilet with a round seat? I've found ones with elongated seats, but I am looking for a round seat.

Thanks,
Sarah

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Caroma makes a round front plus dual flush. They measure 28-1/4" from front to back

The TOTO Aquia only comes in elongated, but measures 27-1/4" front to back.
Sterling also makes a round front dual flush, The Karsten is 29-3/4" long. I find it a little weaker on the flush.

Last edited:

sarah tanzer

Reaction score
Of the 3 TOTO Aquia is the shortest front to back, but is still considered elongated? So the shape of the seat is still elongated?
You recommend the Caroma and the TOTO over the Sterling Karsten?
I also found that American Standard has a dual flush right height RF toilet. Any word on that?
Thanks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
One reason you are having difficulty in finding a dual flush round bowl toilet is that round bowl toilets are not big sellers, so few are made by anyone. I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting the round front, but unless this is strictly for a lady's room, you might want to reconsider the shape. The Sterling Karsten is made by Kohler, and Kohler toilet performance is not as good as it should be.

Last edited:

sarah tanzer

Reaction score
I'm looking into the Caroma dual flush. Is there a model you recommend? They actually have a number of different ones with round front:
Adelaide, Bondi, Caravelle, Sidney and SidneySmart.
Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Caromas have a couple of really good features...they have probably the largest trapway in the industry and are almost impossible to plug up, and as a result, flush well. They are also known (at least on some of them) to sometimes spatter water on the seat when you flush them in their agressive flush and are a bit noisier than others.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks