Can you identify this faucet reseating tool?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by gohan, Dec 14, 2012.

1. gohan

gohan New Member

Could anyone please help me identify this fitting/coupling and it's use? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Gizmo%20001.jpg Gizmo%20004.JPG Gizmo%20002.JPG
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

It is the "guide" for a faucet reseating tool. It is tapered on both ends so it will "catch" and center itself on a variety of faucet openings. A picture of mine would have the reseating tool through it because I keep them together.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

SO, it's not really a fitting, it is a tool guide.
  4. gohan

gohan New Member

I don't think so, if it were just the top part I could see it. If you turn the top part over, it will thread into the bottom part. The bottom piece actually swivels.
    Gizmo 003.jpg
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

The picture that was added to my previouse posting is a "simple minded" version. The one you have is from a "Sexauer" faucet rebuilding kit. It is a more "precise" version and adapts to more valves. With the entire kit, you can do a better job of actually reseating valves rather than just make "flat" surface. Mine is from the 70s but I imagine it is still made.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012