Can you ID this softener?

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by brewrevm, Apr 23, 2009.

1. brewrevm

brewrevm New Member

Can anyone identify the made of this softener? I'd like to do some repairs and need to know the make/model of the machine. Any help with getting a user's guide would be appreciated.

Thank you
  2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

I don't see a picture, so I can't identify anything.
  3. brewrevm

brewrevm New Member

Hopefully the picture is now attached. Thanks for the patience.
    Michael

Attached Files:

4. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

I don't use electronic units, but since this one has the big red knob, I believe that is an Autotrol head. Not sure about the model number though.

bob...
  5. Autotrol

that is an autotrol, metered and on demand unit

and it is an older one...
    probably about a 1993 or so.....

they are notorious for the springs and cams inside the unit weaken under high water pressure and
    siphon all the resin into the plumbing system...

on the back sid e of the unit their should be a white stamped date to how old it is....

it might be better to consider a new unit....

6. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

I answered this in the other post asking the same question. It is an Autotrol electronic metered timer from the mid 90s used on 155/255 valves.