can you give me propper name these tools

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by zeus1111, Jan 12, 2008.

1. zeus1111

zeus1111 New Member

i know the toilet auger water shut off and the trap snake but not the name of the grabber thing in the pipe thats like 8' long and the plunger thing on the long rod
    Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2008
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

You have it right, 1 is an 8' grabber thingy and the other is a plunger thingy on a rod.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  3. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

Probably for grabbing or plunging something, eh?!
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

The plunger is commonly used to clear a clogged house trap. I use a snake with a 3" blade to push through the trap then run lots of water to wash out as much of the debris in the trap as possible them vac out the rest.

The plunger is a fast in and out job that does not do a good job of cleaning the trap. Good for repeat business though!