Can We Start a "FIREPLACE" Segment in the Forums?

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by kailor, Dec 7, 2010.

1. kailor

kailor New Member

Terry,

Is it possible for you to start a "FIREPLACE" segment in the forums? Being winter time, may folks may have questions/issues about their gas or real fireplace.

I have a Monessen BDV36 (?) gas fireplace insert (direct-vented up through chimney). I leave the pilot on all year. When I turn on the fireplace and leave the room for a while and then come back the fireplace will have gone out but the pilot light ALWAYS stays lit. The fireplace will usually run for about 45 minutes to an hour before going out. What might be causing this to happen? Should not the fireplace stay on until I choose to turn it off? Thanks in advance.
  2. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

that looks like a "NO". Move it to HVAC
  3. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

One of two things it has a thermostat maybe built into the gas valve and reachs the
    temputure setting

or # 2 it is closes off on the high limit thermostat to keep from burning down your house
  4. sarahjohnston89

sarahjohnston89 New Member

Fireplace Replacement parts

I never realized how much I take my fireplace for granted until I had to replace a part for it. I turn it on every day with out even thinking about it. My house stays warm and that where my thought stops. My husband told me that we needed a new switch and he might as well have been speaking a foreign language because I didn't even know where to look. His sister gave me a website and in a matter of minutes I found the part I needed and had it ordered. http://www.ibuyfireplaceparts.com/10001393.html I got the switch in 3 days and my fireplace was as good as new. I really don't think it gets any simpler then that. If I can do it any one can !