Can vinyl sweep at bottom of glass door be replaced?

Users who are viewing this thread

Watson524

Reaction score
Hi all. We have a framed glass shower door. The vinyl sweep that goes between the door and the drip edge at the bottom is crummy and torn. Can you get just a sweep to put in there and replace it?

thanks!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, but parts are hard to find. Check with someplace like Ace Hardware, then look for a specialty glass and mirror shop.

Watson524

Reaction score
Thanks all! I found that Sears has them so I figured they were pretty common once I saw that. Now I just need to take the drip edge off and see if I have a flat kind, a T kind etc.... And I'm about to post a separate thread about actually taking the whole framed glass door down to deal with crud and silicone that's getting moldy.

Watson524

Reaction score
Either way, I'd have to clean up the crappy, molded up caulk from the shower itself so I don't see the sense of putting in a new door.... Of course, by the end of this project, I might be asking myself why the heck I decided to do it vs paying someone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks