Can the Vespin II use the Unifit 10"

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by wgm, Apr 2, 2010.

1. wgm

wgm New Member

I have seen from other posts that the Eco Drake and Aquia have 10" rough ins available, but I was wondering if the Vespin II, Carlyle II, or Carolina II can use the separately purchased 10" Unifit connector instead of the 12" Unifit connector which they are supplied with. I was thinking as long as the product specs list the toilet as using a Unifit connector, any Unifit connector size will do (10", 12" or 14"). Is this a correct assumption? I do like the Eco Drake and Aquia but neither come with the Sanagloss option or double cyclone flushing system. These aren't make or break issues, but I would prefer them if can get them with a toilet that works with my 10" rough in.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2010
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Yes,
    All of these new models can use any of the Unifits.
    10" 12" or 14"

[​IMG]
  3. wgm

wgm New Member

Thank you for the amazingly quick reply. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time agonizing over which toilet to purchase. My husband is beginning to think I have gone crazy. Thank you for providing the information I needed to make a final decision.

[​IMG]
    TOTO Vespin II, CST474CEFG with SS114 softclose seat.

[​IMG]
    Toto Vespin II CST474CEFG with SS114 Softclose seat.
    This bowl was installed on a 13-1/2" rough-in using the 14" Unifit adapter.
    The water shutoff can be as close as 5-1/2" to the left of center, unless it's higher off the floor, and then it can be even closer to center.
    This shutoff had been replaced with a new 1/4 turn valve with brass nipple through the wall.
    Installation was by James Love of Love Plumbing & Remodel 206-949-5683
    In some of the older Seattle homes, the old toilets had been wall mounted tank toilets.
    Those typically are 14" rough-in and need a flange repair to use standard closet bolt connections at the flange.
    Everything is on the truck for that.
    The Vespin comes with a standard 12" adapter or you can order a 10" or 14" adapter depending on your rough-in distance.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2010