Can someone provide a link to "Gary's trick" for resin bed cleaning?

Users who are viewing this thread

yeto

Reaction score
Can someone provide a link to "Gary's trick" for resin bed cleaning? I have searched this forum under "Gary's trick" and "trick" and I cannot find it.

Thank you,
yeto

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
There's no trick. Just buy some Super Iron Out at your local grocery store in the cleaning isle and follow the instruction on the back. They have instructions for first time use and repeated use.

yeto

Reaction score
There are the resin bed cleaning instructions from WaterBoss. Is this the same technique that Gary recommends? I just want to make sure I am doing everything I can to clean the resin bed properly.

Thanks in advance for any help,
yeto

1. Purchase Iron-Out or an equivalent product from you local hardware store. Following package instructions, prepare one gallon of solution. Pour the solution into the brine cabinet directly on the salt.

2. Push and hold the Immediate Recharge button for 5-10 seconds for regeneration to begin. “01†will begin to flash on the control panel.

3. Watch the control panel numbers. When unit has been in cycle 02 for between 2 to 4 minutes, unplug the softener. After 15 minutes shut off the water to the softener (either switch to bypass or turn off main water supply). Do not plug the softener back yet. Unplugging the unit and turning off the water allows the Iron-Out solution to stay in the softener tank. Let the unit sit for approximately 1 hour.

4. After 1 hour has passed--plug the unit in and turn the water supply back on.

5. The softener will begin to go through each cycle. When the softener has been in cycle 03 for 30 seconds, unplug it and leave the water supply on. Let the unit run like this for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, plug it back in and allow it to finish the regeneration cycle.

6. Turn on two cold water faucets and let the water run for 15 minutes to help clear the water lines.

yeto

Reaction score
You do not want to pour the solution into the salt, pour it into the water in the salt tank so you don't cause a salt bridge to develop Pour it down the brine well with the float in it or along the side of the salt if you don't have a brine well.

Aside from the above--does everything else look right? Will do--as far as pouring the solution down the side of the salt.

Thank you for your help,
yeto

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks