can some one identify this softener

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by nsmjc, Nov 1, 2013.

1. nsmjc

nsmjc New Member

2. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

3. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

LOL, your dating yourself by knowing what that is. :)

Not a lot of people would recognise that old system. The E541 electronic control. Erie was bought out many years ago to become a proprietary control for a company. Honestly, start budgeting for a modern water system. That particular system design was so bad that one of the largest commercial softening companies was using those for sales, and Fleck valves for rentals in order to greatly increase their service departments prfoitability. The Flecks required virtually no service, those were a constant source of revenue from repairs. Of course, commercial and residential are totally different, but...
  4. nsmjc

nsmjc New Member

I kind of thought that when I could not find it on a Google search and when I took the cover off I saw a manufacture sticker of 1996. I was actually hoping to make it last till tax time to upgrade it. it was working just fine until the extended power outage and it did not restart correctly.

Thanks for your help I think I got her back on track. fingers crossed it will hold out.
  5. DonL

DonL Out of the Trades

You may want to take a look at that control board to see if it has a battery on it. Maybe it is bad. It may just use a large cap, to hold for a few hours. If it has a Real Time Clock then it has to have backup power to keep the clock oscillator running.

Good Luck.