Can soil stack make more than one offset?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nixgnoy

Reaction score
Hi, my plumbing still have problem because of the stairs, even I can go straight down to the basement, I still can't reach the main soil pipe. Now I found that there is a way can go through 1st floor's ceiling and reach the wet wall(the area under the second floor's bathroom) but the new soil stack need a few offset, see the pic, does it work? Thank you very much!
Along A,B,C,D there are 3 90 degree joints , DE is a horizontal 45 degree.
image.jpg

Nixgnoy

Reaction score
Hi, my plumbing still have problem because of the stairs, even I can go straight down to the basement, I still can't reach the main soil pipe. Now I found that there is a way can go through 1st floor's ceiling and reach the wet wall(the area under the second floor's bathroom) but the new soil stack need a few offset, see the pic, does it work? Thank you very much!
Along A,B,C,D there are 3 90 degree joints , DE is a horizontal 45 degree.View attachment 27391
Sorry, I check the code it doesn't allow to connect anything around the soil stack offset in a specific distance except the relief vent pipe, so this diagram won't work. Thank you!

Nixgnoy

Reaction score
Sorry, I check the code it doesn't allow to connect anything around the soil stack offset in a specific distance except the relief vent pipe, so this diagram won't work. Thank you!
Oh! Mistake again! The code I saw is talking about an one vent pipe system, which is prohibited by Canada code. So if I vent every fixture in my system, can it work? Thank you very much!

Nixgnoy

Reaction score
Hi! A is the stack vent.
But from WC to B will be a Horizontal 90 degree; then from B to C is Horizontal to Vertical; from C to D is Vertical to Horizontal; from D to E is a Horizontal 45 degree, then again 90 degree to the main soil stack.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks