Can only get to 25 psi

Users who are viewing this thread

Charles Smith

Reaction score
Last year we limped through the season at our cottage. The pump took forever to recover. This year I have changed the pump (could only get the pressure to 25psi), Pounded down a new well because we believed that the point was corroded closed, (No change in pressure) What else could it be? the tank is fairly new and the batter is at 25 psi. The tank seem to not fill at all. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
Shallow well jet pump 3/4 horse
Water was measured at 18 ft.
Well is down 28 ft.

Thanks.

Charles Smith

Reaction score
Start by cleaning the jet nozzle. If that doesn't fix it look for a suction leak. If all this fails check the water level and production of the well.
I am not sure what the "jet nozzle" is on this well. we have a point on 25' of 1 1/4 pipe. when we turned the pump off one of the joints we heard air, tightened it and still no go 20-25 psi. We were told that the water level was 18' down. I am having someone check the water water production with a hand pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks