Can I reroute a cast iron stack vent?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by roy25101, Dec 29, 2009.

1. roy25101

roy25101 New Member

I have a cast iron stack vent that is dedicated to a sink in my bathroom. I need to move it over a foot or so above the sink drain connection. I will use a pair of 45 degree elbows to jog it over to the left, vertical for about 5 feet, and the another pair of 45 degree elbows to rejoin it with its original pipe through my roof. At no point will it go beyond horizontal. Does this sound as if though it would meet code? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

That should be fine.
  3. roy25101

roy25101 New Member

Thanks..

Thanks for your time...
  4. frenchie

frenchie Jack of all trades

Only thing to watch ouot for, is make sure it's well-supported above, before you cut it; and alll the new work, as well. Cast is heavy.
  5. roy25101

roy25101 New Member

Good point!

I think I might just continue with PVC all the way through the roof avoiding the weight... Thanks.