Can I hookup a dishwasher here?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jeffesonm, Jan 4, 2009.

1. jeffesonm

jeffesonm New Member

Hi all,

It looks like at some point in time there was a washing machine in my kitchen. There are hookups for hot and cold water and what looks like a drain (see pictures, below). There is an outlet right next to these that is on its own 20 amp circuit. My question is, can I hookup a dishwasher here? From what I gather I would need to connect the hot water line and run the drain to this here drain hole. Would this work?

Thanks.

Jeff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

I would bush down the supply at the valve and not run a washer hose to the DW and then bush down there. Also the DW manufacturer most likely has a height requirement for the drain. That standpipe might exceed the manufacturers recommendation.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Dw

IT would not be the prettiest installation, but would work if done correctly.