can i close tub mount holes

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by davidyaacov, May 27, 2009.

1. davidyaacov

davidyaacov New Member

can i close tub mount holes in order to instal a wall mount shower sistem
    now there is an old foucet wich i would like to cancel can i close the 2 holes after removal with something ?
    please help me fast since i am in the middel of tilling the bathroom.
    the tub is iron cast
    Last edited: May 27, 2009
  2. FloridaOrange

FloridaOrange Plumbing Designer

My brother found 1-3/8" "plates" to close off two holes on his cast iron sink. He found it at one of the big box stores. Something like that may work for you.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You need to retain the overflow and obviously the drain. Any other holes could be sealed. Finding a plate that fit and looked good might be a problem. With today's codes, you cannot have the tub filler spout below the rim, so there'd be no good reason to have holes other than drain and overflow.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

holes

I would assume he means the holes in the wall where the old faucet handles came through the tile.