Can I add a 90 and a wye to a waste pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

susieszoo

Reaction score
Hi! We are moving the plumbing for our bathroom sink into the wall, as it will now be a pedestal lav instead of a vanity. The new hole for the waste pipe is shifted 8" from the center of the existing waste pipe in the basement. Can I install a 90 degree wye on the existing 2" waste pipe (the part that's parallel to the floor) and turn it 45 degrees to match it up to the 1 1/2" pipe coming from the bathroom using a 45 degree elbow?

Any input would be great! Thanks!!!

Attachments

• wye.jpg
    wye.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 209

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF you do it like the picture shows it, the yes, but HOW you continue the pipe above the floor will also be a consideration as to whether it is being done correctly.

susieszoo

Reaction score
IF you do it like the picture shows it, the yes, but HOW you continue the pipe above the floor will also be a consideration as to whether it is being done correctly.

Thanks for your reply.
This is what we're planning on doing:
Sink Plumbing installation.gif

With a T in the wall going out the wall, up to the vent pipe above it and down to the waste pipe below.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks