Can copper pipe coming out of be slab be sealed internally?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by kevinaustin, Apr 5, 2014.

1. kevinaustin

kevinaustin New Member

Is there any compound you can put inside dry copper pipe that seals the end?

We would prefer not having to hammer out area around pipe coming up from slab. We took out a cabinet to put in a new floor and discovered that a pipe was there. Previously a wall was taken out this pipe was inside of (it connects to outside faucet). I'm sure the folks who took out wall were surprised as well and that led to them putting in cabinet to hide pipe!

Would plumber putty a few inches down, let dry, then fill with epoxy on top of putty work or would water still work its way out? There will be pressure on pipe from inside house.

We want seal to be level with slab, which would make it easy to cut pipe at floor level. I just wondered if there is any product I can put inside dry pipe that could seal it.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. kevinaustin

kevinaustin New Member

3. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

No no no !

Chip out some concrete around copper pipe, then install a copper cap by soldering it in place

or at least get a 1/2" sharkbite cap and put over it then re concrete the floor
  4. asktom

asktom Member

Under the slab it should be brazed or flared.