Can anyone identify a way to remove these handles?

Users who are viewing this thread

dangros

Reaction score
We just purchased a house which has a leaky faucet. I tried to turn it off but the handle just continues to turn w/o stopping and it made the faucet leak worse. I had to turn it off at the main. I took an image of the handles.
To make matters worse, when I lift up on the handle, I can feel it pull and stretch on the pipes below the tile. Any idea how I can remove these and safely install a new set?
crapyFaucet.jpg

Kcodyjr

Reaction score
That looks like a set screw on the back of the faucet. There should be on on each of the handles somewhere, too.

On the handles, it might be under a cap at the very top, if it isn't visible elsewhere.

dangros

Reaction score
no set screw that I can find. There is a top that pops off but I just see a threaded hole and what appears to be the end of a screw in it. The handle ends screw off but when you look in there you see the attached. I've also popped off the top cap and included that image as well.
But I dont see a way to pull this thing out. I dont want to pull too hard b/c I can tell it's attached to the pipes and any force, yanks on the pipes due to the terrible install from the previous owner who must of taken every shortcut in the book

BrokenBathHandle.jpg
TopOfHandle.jpg

Last edited:

dangros

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks