Can anyone help? Sandpoint, no water!!

Users who are viewing this thread

scrapman440

Reaction score
I just replaced my sandpoint. Replaced the pipe, and the sandpoint, and rebuilt my pump. I had water for a half a day, and now nothing! Can anyone give me insight, as to what I may have done wrong? I replaced the sandpoint, because I was getting alot of sand in my water softener, etc, and it seized my pump. HELP!!!!:(

Speedbump

Reaction score
Did you find any reason for the old well to start producing sand?

What did you relpace the old screen with? What kind of pipe?

What kind of pump?

bob...

scrapman440

Reaction score
Bob,
Thank you for responding. The reason for sand in my pump, was because the pipe rusted off. 1 1/4" pipe. The pump is a Goulds J5s 1/2 hp. THis all began with sand plugging my filters, after pump. And my culligan water softener was also plugging with sand. I havent had water for a week now, and am desperate for a solution. Thank you again for your input on my problem.
Scrapman 440

scrapman440

Reaction score
I seem to have fixed my water problem. I drove the sandpoint another 5ft. I have water now. Thank you guys for your responses!! I am a welder by trade, and I made a step that attaches to the pipe, to stand on, while pounding with the fencepost pounder, and I was able to use my body weight to help drive the sandpoint down farther. It worked out great.
Thanks again.
Scrapman:)

Speedbump

Reaction score
I am a welder by trade, and I made a step that attaches to the pipe, to stand on, while pounding with the fencepost pounder, and I was able to use my body weight to help drive the sandpoint down farther. It worked out great.

Hey now, that's something I've never heard before. That's a great idea. Can you post a pic or two of the device you invented? For that matter, you may have a marketing idea that will sell like hot cakes.

bob...

scrapman440

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Here is a picture of the device I made.

I seem to be getting air in the lines, if it sits for awhile. Any input?
Thanks again...
Erik
(aka scrapman)

Attachments

• !cid_159.jpg
    !cid_159.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 590

Speedbump

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I'm working on the patent as we speak.:p

I can see how that would help to get the job done a little quicker and with fewer blows of the hammer.

As for the air. The best place for a check valve in a shallow well is at the bottom of 30' of droppipe in the well. With a 1-1/4" well that isn't possible, so putting the check valve as far from the pump as possible is the best place. You should always keep turning your pipe as you are driving it to keep the couplings tight. If you didn't do that, you can do it now.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
It would be nice to have an 11/4" flanged well head so you could place a drop pipe and a 3/4" foot valve in an 11/4" well. I'm not even sure if they make a 3/4" foot valve.

I sell them Sammy, but I wouldn't recommemd using it on the suction of a jet pump. It would just cavitate like crazy and the flow would drop tremendously.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
Yup, but I haven't seen them any smaller. We use them here for air making systems on top of the well instead of using a schrader valve. The footvalves don't keep plugging up.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
Yup, I agree, problem is some leave them that way. I know I wouldn't want to try a shower with the water source being drawn through 3/4" pipe.

I have a neighbor who has an 1-1/4" well, Big box pump, big box tank, 3/4" suction and all the other junk that goes with it. He called me to work on it. I took a look and walked away. Told him I couldn't help him. Nex thing you know he will be wanting water filtration to try to take the glow out of the water.

bob...

Sammyhydro11

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah, people like that can be stubborn. You give them a price to do the job the right way, and then they think they are saving money by doing it the wrong way. I tell them you owe me $75.00, good luck, and have a nice day!

sammy

www.tylerwellandpump.com

scrapman440

Reaction score
Everything is working fine now. it gets better everyday as in pressure and water clearing up. thankyou so much for your help hope my step helps someone.
I am a sheetmetal worker and I made it on my lunchbreak in a half hr. it worked great with the extra 140 lbs on it ;) (ok 200+) It went down 2" a blow with fencepost pounder and me aboard.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks