Can anybody tell me anything about the Ariel toilets?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by dinkledoodle, Aug 29, 2009.

1. dinkledoodle

dinkledoodle New Member

They have "onefit fechnology." Wondering if that is similar to Toto's Unifit. What about their flushing capability? Love some of their designs. Anybody familiar with them? TIA.
    [​IMG]
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

I can only tell you they are European toilets and seem to be OK. My concern would be getting parts when needed. My question is, if you want a high quality toilet, why not shop the Toto line?
  3. dinkledoodle

dinkledoodle New Member

Looking at the Toto Soiree and probably will go that way. But some of the Ariel designs are so much cooler. And they're substantially less expensive.
  4. Runs with bison

Runs with bison Member

That is one ugly toilet (I'm sure it's mother is proud of it though.) For some reason when I see it all I can think is "economy airline seating." This of course has nothing to do with its performance or reliability, of which I know nothing.
  5. dinkledoodle

dinkledoodle New Member

OK, how much did my wife pay you to post that?...:D
  6. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

Also look at the one-piece Toto Gwyneth (renamed the Ultramax II, I believe) - it's one of the few one-piece Totos with their new "double cyclone" bowl wash. I did a lot of research and thinking about which to get and finally bought 2 of these. Am very happy with them.

I think it is a very clean-looking and modern-looking unit, washes the bowl very well, 1.28 gpf, comes in comfort-height and Sanagloss. What's not to like?
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  7. Runs with bison

Runs with bison Member

One thing I keep being reminded of (the hard way) is that if the spouse expresses any preference, no matter how slight, go with that. I'm still hearing about the color of the last car being "your color" (as in mine) rather than hers, even though she said "any one of three colors would be fine", she just "wanted it sooner rather than later." And we took the first one that came in among those three choices with the option package we selected... But somehow it is my fault that she didn't tell me that she really wanted a particular color. I was supposed to pick that up from some subtle hints...note: subtlety is not among my top 10 traits.

At least the car color I only hear about infrequently when we are in it together. But a master bath toilet? <shudders> It's right there every day and night only a few feet from where you sleep. My God, man, save yourself before it is too late! :eek:
  8. dinkledoodle

dinkledoodle New Member

Good advice RWB. It usually works out that way around here too...

Love that Gwyneth, Steve. Wish it was a 10" rough-in.
  9. Cookie

Cookie .

I am not familar with the toilet, but, I will tell you what, I think it would be very easy to clean on the outside of it, without all those turns and twists on most other toilets.

I like it.
  10. agruenke

agruenke New Member

The Ariel toilets as many US distributors refer to them are manufactured by EAGO a European company.

They make some of the best toilets on the market with very nice contemporary designs. They are all UPC Certified and most dual flush models are Water sense certified as well.
    I love the one piece design and the fact that the trapways are over 31/2" and fully glazed

EAGO is huge in Europe and Asia only relatively new to north american market.

I am the Canadian Distributor for EAGO Bathroom products and we fully support all there products with after service technical support and parts for all there toilets, Bathtubs and Steam showers. http://www.eagocanada.ca

you can purchase any of there great products from http://perfectbath.com they ship everywhere.

anyone needing info on EAGO (Ariel or Fresca) toilets can contact me I am happy to supply technical info on any of there products.
  11. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

Of course, a normal toilet seat won't fit because the seat bolts are 5-7/8" apart rather than the typical-US 5-1/2", at least according to the spec sheet.
  12. agruenke

agruenke New Member

If you need a new toilet seat for your EAGO (Ariel or Fresca) toilet you can get them from
    http://www.eagocanada.ca 1-888-556-1912 we keep seats for most common models in stock.