Can Anybody Here Read Water Test Results? Need Help Deciding on Water Softner Type.

Users who are viewing this thread

kozaz

Reaction score
We had our water tested so it could help us decide on what type of water softner is needed. Besides getting with the company that did the test for us, I would like to get some info from any of you as well.

We were told that they could recommend 2 compaines to help us chose our water softner. I would just like to be a little more educated before I talk to them.

TEST RESULTS

Alkalinity Total
MDL = 2
Result = 237.0

Cholide
MDL = 2
Result = 12.0

Sulfate
MDL = 2
Result = 8.0

Total Hardness
MDL = 2
Result = 200.0

Arsenic
MDL = 0.002
Result = 0.007

Calcium
MDL = 0.1
Result = 72.0

Copper
MDL = 0.01
Result = 0.03

Iron
MDL = 0.01
Result = 0.04

Lead
MDL = 0.002
Result = <0.002

Magnesium
MDL = 0.1
Result = 15.6

Manganese
MDL = 0.01
Result = <0.01

Silver
MDL = 0.002
Result = <0.01

Sodium
MDL = 0.1
Result = 42.0

Zinc
MDL = 0.01
Result = 0.15

Total Coliform Colilert
MDL = 1
Result = Absent

pH
MDL = N/A
Result = 7.3@12C

Total Dissolved Solids
MDL = 2
Result = 342.0

Any advice on what we need treated would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ryan

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
Take the total hardness and divide by 17.1 will give you the GPG (grains per gallon). This is a measuement use in water softening. Hardness is measured on a scale from <1 to 10.5. In your case, you have 11.69 so you can see you are off the scale and need a softener. I prefer a electrical mechnical (non-electronic) valve. The Fleck 5600 is a very reliable valve and will give many years of service.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
"Arsenic
MDL = 0.002
Result = 0.007

Calcium
MDL = 0.1
Result = 72.0

Copper
MDL = 0.01
Result = 0.03
"
The MDL is the level that the lab starts its measure at.. the result is what they found in the test that they did.. each item in the water has a level that is either good or bad, one that needs some kind of action or no action is needed.. the FDA is one controlling group that has a list of items and at what level action is needed to remove that item.
While arsenic shows up, looks to be under the 5ppb level and that would need no action..
How many bathrooms, bedrooms are in the home, the number of people will give an idea as to the size of the system that you are going to need..

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks