Campbell well head removal

Users who are viewing this thread

jpaul

Reaction score
How do I remove an above ground campbell well head. I think this might be a sanitary type with a seal. There are 5 bolts around the top and a 2" or diameter black plastic piping attached to the underside. Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If no pipes come out the top, then it is a pitless cap. The black pipe underneath must be the conduit for the wire. You should be able to remove the bolts and just lift off the lid.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If it is a pitless well cap, the conduit comes up from underneath on one side. Then there is nothing sticking out the top.

If the pipe and wire come through the top, it is a "well seal" as Gary mentioned, then you do not want to loosen the nuts all the way or the bolts will fall in the well.

jpaul

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the quick replies...I just needed to remove the bolts and pop it off. Many thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks