Calling All Experts

Users who are viewing this thread

Justin Gilbert

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm building a Tiny House...go here for more details and need help with plumbing info if you have time. And up front, thanks for any advice/help you have.

I'm building on a severe budget so not much money to get a plumber to come in and do this. No need for codes/inspections since it's considered a trailer/rv. However, I'd like to stick as close to code as possible since it's there for a reason.

I'm getting ready to install my plumbing and am having a problem figuring out draining/venting. All of my plumbing will be on one wall and a drain will come out through the subfloor/trailer to the opposite side where I'll have it hooked up to an RV hookup. No blackwater/greywater tank. Basically I'm plumbing it like a house, but on a trailer and connecting to RV sewer connections at a park. I'm good with the under house drain to RV hookup. For the inbound water I don't have a major issue either. Seems fairly straight forward.

For the sewage though I can't figure out the easiest way to get the drain/vent set. I have a loft above the bathroom and have the house framed in 2x4's so have issues with cutting out large sections of the studs to put in vent pipes. Any ideas with a rough drawing would be a big help. Would love to have only 1 vent pipe but if two are needed I can live with it. Once again, thanks in advance.

First pic without roof on:

plumbing-help.png

With the Roof:

plumbing-help-w-roof.png

Justin Gilbert

Reaction score
Not a red flag since I'm not trying to get one over on the city/state/etc. There's no need for inspections because it's built on a trailer and considered an RV, not a house. Just needing some advice on venting ideas.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Since it's a trailer, slap an AAV under all the sinks and call it good

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
And IIRC they only don't have to meet code if they have a HUD sticker.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
RVs and trailers usually come under the county codes as far as permits and inspections are concerned.

That is the way it is here.

They do not even allow them in town. Well unless you are at Walmart.

You need Insurance unless you keep it on your property.

I would not pull a house like that down the road.

But what ever floats your boat, Enjoy.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For any AAV's to work, you will still need at least one through the roof. An AAV only works with negative pressures. You will also need something for the positive pressure. That could be a single vent.

Justin Gilbert

Reaction score
For any AAV's to work, you will still need at least one through the roof. An AAV only works with negative pressures. You will also need something for the positive pressure. That could be a single vent.
Could do a single vent in between the washer/kitchen sink and the bathroom group and then put AAV's on each fixture I guess. That should do the trick right?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would want to see that bathroom group vented through the roof, and the kitchen on an AAV
You can wet vent the tub with the lav.
An AAV needs open air, so if it's in a wall, it also needs a grill that opens to air for it to function.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks