Cadet Pro update

Users who are viewing this thread

kshorty

Reaction score
Hi, I posted a couple months back about looking for a toilet with a 15"-high bowl rather than the increasingly common taller bowls.

I just wanted to say that I got a Cadet Pro with a round bowl and I'm really happy with it -- nice and compact, charming even. I got a deal on a white wooden slow-close Porcher seat, and it's just perfect. The flush is great -- all A-OK. I'd say it's ideal for a small bathroom, or even a big one.

And, if you are working on a bathroom for people under 5'5" (so: all kids and shorter adults) I'd really consider doing this height. It's so much more comfortable to feel grounded rather than perched up, and better for your system, too. (The more you go towards a squat, rather than away from it, the better.)

For anyone with pull in the industry -- please encourage companies and stores to offer more choices in this height. It would be shame if it gets phased out in favor of the taller ones.

Thanks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Glad you're happy with the AS. Apparently you got one that was not defective. A comment regarding the height. It is true the Comfort height and ADA height toilets are becoming quite popular, but for those like yourself that a shorter than average, then the old standard height is probably a better fit. You seem to have the idea that only AS makes the 15" standard height bowl. This is not true. Most, if not all manufacturers still produce the standard height. It's not too likely that there will be much increase in availability however. It's a simple fact of supply and demand. There just isn't a big demand for the shorter bowls.

kshorty

Reaction score
Hi there,

There may be a few reasons for the apparent lack of demand:

People aren't aware they have a choice. Home Depot and the higher-end showrooms I went to had two shorter-height toilets on display at the most. Some had none. And I only know because I was actively seeking them out - I doubt the salespeople consulting with customers would mention it as a choice.

And if you're an average-height guy working in the plumbing industry, you may not even think about it yourself. But if you're consulting with clients, I think it's worth letting them know that height is one of the choices to consider.

By the way, not sure I was "lucky," since the feedback I received on this board said that the Pro line seemed to have better quality-control than the others. (And the Champion 4 Max installed prior also worked perfectly, it was just an ugly behemoth.)

kshorty

Reaction score
Oh, one other thing -- as you mentioned the taller-height toilets are marketed as Comfort Height (or Standard Height) now...

Comfort for who, I say ;)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Personally, being over 6', I much prefer a taller seat height. And, as I get older, appreciate it even more! My doctor told me once that if you can't do your thing in 3-minutes or less, you should get off and go read a book or take a walk! Regardless of the height and where your feet are, it's not great for your circulation to sit on that hole for long. The average height in the USA is continually going up, so it makes sense that the average toilet does as well. Certainly, there are people at the other end of the spectrum, just like you can get clothing in various sizes, where it matters, and there's a market, you will be able to find other things in sizes as well. Sometimes you have to look hard, though. The market is set up for 'average'.

kshorty

Reaction score
True ... though "average" for a woman is different than for a man, and perhaps not as well represented.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks