Cadet 3 Tank Foam Liner Missing Nevada vs Canada

Users who are viewing this thread

Geod

Reaction score
Hi,

I've installed a Cadet 3 both in Canada and in Las Vegas. In Canada the tank came with a foam liner to prevent condensation while the tank in Las Vegas was bare. Is it normal for toilet tanks in the southwest to not need a liner?

Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most toilets don't need a liner in the US, especially with the newer, low-flow toilets. But many parts of Canada have cold well water and it may be the norm. Not saying we don't have cold well water in the US, but it is more common in Canada, thus, possibly, why it was 'standard' in Canada, and is an option in the US.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Interesting! You'd think it would be the other way around. Condensation occurs with the air temperature is higher than the water. Actually, condensation is not as much of a problem with low flow toilets as with older 3.5 gallon "water hogs". Reason is, a low flow tank hold about twice as much water as used in a normal flush. This means the water in the tank starts out at or near room temperature. When flushed, only half the water supply is used, so the incoming replacement cold water mixes with remaining tempered water thus moderating the temperature. Also, since the temperature of the water in the pipes prior to the flush usually has moderated, and since only 1.6 gallons is need for the refill, the tank water never gets super cold which would cause condensation. Whew! That's a long explanation, but I hope it makes some sense. Doesn't really speak to you basic question too well, but may be of interest.

Geod

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

I was thinking that it had something to do with being so far south that the incoming water temperature is not typically below dew point. Also I noticed that the water supply lines in Las Vegas are only a foot below ground level while in Canada their buried up to 7 or 8 feet below ground to avoid frost.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks