Cadet 3 Flowise - Smaller trapway than in previous models?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by dgrinb, Jun 17, 2014.

1. dgrinb

dgrinb New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.
    I have noticed pretty strange differences within the same model of Cadet 3 Flowise, Right Height, Elongated, 1.28 toilet (in Canada, Home Depot, model# 3378513ST.020)
    I bought the first toilet around 3 years ago and totally happy with it. A month ago I have decided to replace the second toilet with EXACTLY the same model, so I ordered it from HomeDepot again.
    After new toilet installation I have noticed that the performance is not quite the same as the previous one.
    After thorough investigation :)) I noticed that the trap hole in the previous model is about 4" long and in the new model is about 3".

Is it so?? Could it be that AS changed model design actually to make it worse??

BTW, I was curious, went to Lowes and noticed the same 3" opening on Saver model...

Thank you in advance,
    David
  2. dgrinb

dgrinb New Member

Guys, sorry for bumping the post.
    Just wondered whether Cadet Pro has 4" long trapway openning and Flowise system as well (1.28gpf)

Thanks!
  3. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  4. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

I think he's talking about the hole at the bottom of the bowl which opens into the trapway (actually constricts into the trapway, which is probably about 2.125" wide).
  5. dgrinb

dgrinb New Member

Yes, that's right, I'm talking about the opening itself. On the model which was produced 2 years ago, the opening was more elongated. So I wondered how they applied it to Cadet Pro?
    And another question, is Cadet Pro is new Cadet 3?