Cadet 3 Flowise 1.28 gallon "Help"

Users who are viewing this thread

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
I have just recently replace my cracked Glacier bay toilet 1.6 gpf, with the Cadet 3 Flowise. After about two weeks after installation the toilet began to burp and shoot water and waste up into the air. I am on a septic system so i called to have my septic ventilation checked and tank pumped. After that was done the toilet burped again, this time the toilet filled up to the rim with water and then flushed down the outlet at a super quick speed. This was followed by a gurgle and no water in the bowl. So i called american standard they said they have never herd of a case like this and that they could replace the bowl or just take it back to the store. I am going to take it back but i was wondering should i trade it in or get the Kholer Cimarron 1.28 gpf HE toilet?
or if you have any other options i will take into consideration, ps. The Toto Eco Drake i would have to order online because there is no local retailer/

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I would call around to plumbing supply in the yellow pages and see if you can't find someone who carries the eco drake. CST744E is the model number. You can see what Terry's price is and use that as a guide to a fair price. If you can't find it locally, I would get it anyway, even with the method you are discussing, over the other alternative toilets you mention.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It sounds more like there's an obstruction either in the toilet or in the drain line. There can't be anything in the line slowing discharge of the toilet, or it can fill to the brim. Anything , either inside the toilet or in the drain line that prevents the waste leaving as fast as it wants will cause it to back up. Since it backs up so far, that obstruction can't be very far away.

If you used a wax ring with a plastic horn, depending on how it was installed, sometimes that itself can create an obstruction (if it is off-center or is compressed by the type of flange used).

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Second Toilet

I also have another toilet on the same line, that is runs in tandems with the same line and it flushes just fine. Is it possible that the toilet has a clog inside its built in trap?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Plumbers are always finding combs, toys, pencils, pens, crayons, etc. trapped in the trapway of toilets...any one or similar item can produce the results you are seeing. A toilet auger might pull it out, but may not. Sometimes, you have to pull the toilet and try from the bottom to get it out. Some trapway designs are worse than others for trapping things. Those with nice smooth, gradual curves are less likely as well as those with larger diameters, but any toilet can be clogged.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks