Cable TV Transfer Unit

Users who are viewing this thread

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has heard of a unit that will do the following.

You have a cable connector in one location of the house. You connect a gizmo of some sort to it that will transmit the signal to the cable company box for de-scrambling.

Does anyone know if this gizmo exists and were to get one and approximately how much?

Brownizs

In the Trades
Reaction score
RF Transmitters are actually not good to use, due to they do not transmit two way, and the boxes will not work with them.

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
You have a cable connector in one location of the house. You connect a gizmo of some sort to it that will transmit the signal to the cable company box for de-scrambling.

Are you talking about stealing services from your cable provider?

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Jeeze o petes. No!

I have a cable wire on one side of the room. Is there a way to transmit the signal to the other side of the room without running wire?

Tom

Alternety

Like an engineer
Reaction score
Not from the entering cable to the cable box. That is a 1000 MHz wide set of signals and bidirectional. You need the correct piece of coaxial cable.

From the output of the box you can run a signal wirelessly to a TV.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks